[pptp-server] delay in accessing an nt domain

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Fri Jan 7 02:22:52 CST 2000

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Geoff Nordli wrote:

> You have wins servers setup, but are you using them in your ppp options
> file?

What that be on the server side (Linux) or on the client side (NT)?
I have exactly the same problem, even worse: when I'm browsing my homedir
from the samba-server it takes ages to show something. I'm using a 64kbit
ISDN line which is very reliable and fast for everything else I do... except
the "Microsoft Network".

Nico

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SUPC-E/DME-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com