[pptp-server] Can't get pppd to stop requiring server to authenticate

Eric Wampner ewampner at cayenta.com
Wed Jan 12 09:20:14 CST 2000

"Michael St. Laurent" wrote:

> require the NT server to authenticate itself.  I've tried adding the
> 'noauth' option to my options file but it does not seem to change the
> behaviour.  Below is the options file I'm working with:

I ran into the same problem.
I found that placing the "noauth" at the end of my arguments line
fixed the problem for me, but I was running pppd from the command line,
so it may be different for you.

Seems like a bug to me. "noauth" should always take precedence over
options with specify an authentication scheme, which may be client
or server directed. IMHO.

eric