[pptp-server] A little speed please

Mark Komarinski markk at cgipc.com
Sat Jan 22 11:25:27 CST 2000

I've seen similar, in that sometimes the speed is reported as 9600bps, but
sometimes it's listed as whatever the modem speed is.  I'm a bit too concerned
trying to get browsing working to see if those speeds are accurate (yet).

However, as a partial answer, since all your VPN encryption and tunneling is done in
software, you'll take a speed hit both on the client and server sides.  With these
days of soon-to-be-Ghz-chips out, it should be a very small hit.

-Mark