[pptp-server] No logs, no connections, just error 629

Pascal Fremaux pf at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr
Wed Jan 26 03:30:53 CST 2000

Might be a login error.
See your /var/log/message file:
[cat /var/log/message | grep pppd | grep authenticating]
you should see a line of the shape:
Jan 20 11:22:04 ill000018218x pppd[5420]: No CHAP secret found for
authenticating pf
or
Jan 20 11:22:04 ill000018218x pppd[5420]: No CHAP secret found for
authenticating DOMAINNAME\\pf
(pf is your user)
If this is the last case, you have to replace in your chap-secret file the
line
pf     *    secret    *
by the line
DOMAINNAME\\pf     *    secret    *