[pptp-server] ADSL line pptp client not connecting.

Cowles, Steve Steve.Cowles at gte.net
Sat Jul 1 17:49:31 CDT 2000

I have yet to see an ISP block any outbound connections. syn filtering (if I
understand it correctly) would be blocking inbound connections only. Not
outbound. e.g. pptp client to a remote PPTP server should work. Your log
files at least show a pptp connection being started, then pppd. I could not
even get the initital pptp connection when I described my problem with the
ISP that had syn filtering enabled at the pptp/pppd server site.

I'm no expert a decoding your logfiles, but I do remember having a problem
with the pptp client. Once I changed /etc/ppp/options to "noauth" on the
client side (not the server side), I finally got it to work.

Steve Cowles