[pptp-server] Assigning static IP addresses

Richard Talbot rwtalbot at talbot.homeip.net
Mon Jul 3 17:09:16 CDT 2000

Patrick,

 Thanks for the info.  Is there any way I can specify the address of the
server side of the connection also?
I need to have two subnets in use.  My DMZ uses 10.1.0.1/255.255.0.0 and my
secured network uses 10.0.0.1/255.255.0.0

At present, I have both ranges specified.
I have a user specified to get 10.1.0.10 in chap-secrets  (on DMZ) .
However pptd gives him 10.0.0.10 on the remote end (on the local net) and
this plays havoc with the firewall.

If this is not possible I will need to hack the code to run two servers on
the same machine.  I was surprised that there is no option to specify the
port at runtime.  Obviously no one expected two copied of the server to be
needed on one machine!

Thanks
Richard