[pptp-server] question of performance ... ?

Jean-Paul Chavant chavant at geosys.fr
Mon Jul 10 11:36:27 CDT 2000

hello,

i ve made test with several values and the best rate was obtained with 1400
bytes for the MTU (but rate wasn't over 100kb/s on a 10 Mb LAN :( ...) : a
poor rate i think.

But with a 56k (128kb) internet connection i con do more than ~8kb/s
(16kb/s) ... can i deduce that i m going to have a good rate with a 56k
connection ?

I think my problem comes certainly from the "poor" congestion/windowing
protocol implemented in pptp (as it told in the TODO section ...)

If someone have others idea ... i keep them :)

JPaul