[pptp-server] Win98 and PPTP

Jose M. Sanchez opjose at ex-pressnet.com
Mon Jul 10 18:02:16 CDT 2000

Been there, done that.

I've seen exactly the same thing. Again this is not a PoPToP problem.

Rather the problem is with your VPN installation.

You'll need to remove ALL networking components then re-install and try
again.

When you have it correctly set up, you'll either be connected or you'll get
an error about the remote host not accepting your user name and password...

As Neale said, you can see

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q188/1/41.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0

(which is the correct URL) for confirmation...

-JMS