[pptp-server] NT Authenication - slighty off topic

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Wed Jul 12 06:44:37 CDT 2000

You really don't need to.  The generic account will allow them to log
in; it won't allow access to win shares as long as the generic account
is not a "real" user account.  And since it's a smb only access, you
really can't get a login shell either (or set up the generic user with a
/bin/nosh account, where nosh is a script that simply says you're not
allowed to log in.)

In fact, I'd make sure that the log in account is not a user account
anywhere.

Not perfectly secure of course, but easy to administer and use.

--Yan