[pptp-server] mschap password

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Wed Jul 12 08:30:40 CDT 2000

> Is that the same for the linux client

PPP does the actual authentication, and since these patches/changes
all attack auth.c (mostly) in the PPP source tree I imagine that
they would work for the client as well.  They were all created with
the service side in mind (I think), and I haven't tried it on the
client.

>>>Does anyone know how to controling the chap-secret password file, fx a
>>>program automatically change the password every 30 day and send
>>message
>>>to the user with the new password tell the user that his password
>>will
>>>be expired after three days, etc ..
>>> does any one now such  a program for chap-secret
>>
>>You best bet is to NOT use the chap-secret file.  There are patches
>>to make pppd use a password file from a Samba server, and I have a
>>pppd
>>that reads the NT hash from an LDAP server.  This makes chaning the
>>password possible through "conventional" means, and life much easier.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.
Grand Rapids, MI. 49505