[pptp-server] pptp linux 2 linux connection

Claudiu Farcas clau at litm.sorostm.ro
Fri Jul 14 02:12:04 CDT 2000

> >   I have troubles setting up a VPN tunnel between a PoPPToP server
> > (pptpd-1.0.0) and a pptp-client, both running under linux. The server is
> > configured with
> > ----------
> > debug
> > localip 192.168.0.1-20
> > remoteip 192.168.1.1-20
> > ----------
> > I have removed the compression negotiation phase and the auth for testing.
> > The error is the same: Peer is not authorized to use remote address x.y.z.t.
> >   Does anybody have any idea what's wrong here? There is no problem with
> > auth or compression or lcp, or gre tunnel just the ip negotiation is
> > wrong. I have also tryed at the client side to pass the ipcp-accept-local
> > and ipcp-accept-remote options but the problem is the same.
>
> As I van see you have auth. problem try to put noauth in you options file to start with
  I don't think it's an auth problem. The problem seems to be at the ip
negotiation phase. I have tryed to put a username+pass pair in
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets and +pap name login remotename pass to the pptp
client but the same error occured. Is there anybody that can test this on
two computers? Try to install pptpd server on one machine and pptp client
on another one, then try to create a VPN between them. If it works send me
the config files and tell me the system config (distribution, kernel
version, and pptp server + client versions).

Thanks for support,
Claudiu Farcas