[pptp-server] I have that sinking feeling of cluelessness... :)

Dave Morse svref at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 15:55:43 CDT 2000

I've been blindly following the install guide for RedHat.  However I now
get to the point where I must edit the pptpd.conf file, and I realize that
I don't know some fundamental information.  For example it says to insert
the values:

  localip         192.168.1.80-89
  remoteip        192.168.1.70-79

However, how do I adapt these to my situation?   My host has ip
192.168.88.7 from within my lan, and 12.34.56.78 from the internet.  The
server I'm supposed to connect to is 192.168.1.112 from within their lan,
and 111.11.11.11 from the internet.  What values should I put in
pptpd.conf?

Is it too ambitious for a clueless person to try to connect using 128 bit
encryption to a remote NT machine all in one try?