[pptp-server] I have that sinking feeling of cluelessness...

jbodnar at team-linux.com jbodnar at team-linux.com
Fri Jul 14 17:01:28 CDT 2000

I just tackled this. Is this the correct setup of your situation:

192.168.88.7-client-12.34.56.78 <--Internet--> 111.11.11.11-server-192.168.1.112

If so then you first need to designate a range of 192.168.1.x addresses for use
with pptp. Then your pptp.conf file will look like:

localip 192.168.1.112
remoteip 192.168.1.x-y

I don't know what you're using on the client side but if you're using the linux
pptp client then you'll do something like this:

$ su
$ pptp 111.11.11.11 name dmorse

Hope this helps.