[pptp-server] PPTP & LVS

Kenneth E. Lussier kenlussier at mediaone.net
Wed Jul 26 17:52:40 CDT 2000

I think that you may want to define your needs a little more
clearly. High Availability and Load Balancing aren't really the
same thing. For an HA environment, you should look more toward
clustering. Load Balancing will only address your second need,
load/stress reduction of the system. In either event, I highly
reccommend that you take a look at the Kimberlite project @
http://oss.missioncriticallinux.com . It is open-sourced
clustering technology that can be used in an LVS environment, but
doesn't have to be. One thing to keep in mind is that you will
need need the ipmasqadmin package in order to forward the
connections and tunnels from the LVS front-end to the actual pptp
servers.

FYI,
Kenny