[pptp-server] Re: Kernel 2.2.16 + mppe_patch + ppp-2.3.11 (mini-HOWTO :)

Vanja Hrustic vanja at relaygroup.com
Sat Jun 10 14:19:30 CDT 2000

Vanja Hrustic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've spent some time trying to install ppp-2.3.11 on new kernel
> (2.2.16), but it kept spitting errors. At the end, I've made it work. If
> someone is interested (and also had problems :), here is what I did to
> make it work. Also, if I've actually made some error (and didn't realize
> it), let me know :)

<snip>

After I've rebooted the machine where PoPToP is running, for some reason
I can't connect using 128-bit encryption anymore. Only 40-bit. So, it
seems the procedure mentioned in previous mail was not correct :(

Will play with that later. Sorry about the faulty 'howto'.

Vanja Hrustic
The Relay Group
http://relaygroup.com
Technology Ahead of Time