[pptp-server] patches CAN coexist...

Scott M. Stone sstone at taos.com
Mon Jun 12 15:34:16 CDT 2000

Well, I just built a 2.2.16 kernel with the Openwall patches, the ppp mppe
patches, AND FreeS/WAN.  Worked beautifully.  Most of the credit goes to
Vanja, though.  Basically, I:

1. download 2.2.16
2. configure to your liking
3. build it but don't install it
4. uncompress freeswan-1.4
5. follow its make procedure, which will automatically patch your kernel
and build the userspace tools and install them and rebuild the kernel
again.
6. go to http://www.vanja.com/PPTP.txt and follow Vanja's procedure.  This
will get you the OpenWall patches as well as the ppp patches (and the
ATA66/ATA100 patches too, but my firewall/VPN box is old and doesn't
support that, so I opted out of it).

Anyway, built without incident.  Waiting until tonight to actually kick it
over and attempt to *BOOT* the thing :)