[pptp-server] RedHat 6.2 PoPToP Installation

Layton Welborn dsladmin at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 16 11:32:35 CDT 2000

Hello everyone,

    I have a couple of questions:
	I am installing a PoPToP server on my RH6.2 machine that is also a MASQ
server for my data center.  It is going to provide access to 8 people who
work from their homes using cable modems & adsl.  I am using PPP 2.3.11 and
looking through the installation instructions, it says to get the mppe patch
for ppp2.3.10.  Is this needed? or do I get this for my version from
somewhere else?

	Also, I have the VPN up and working right now without encryption, but I
can't get the users to validate to our NT PDC server to access the company
shares.

	When the users are signing on I am receiving the following:
		Jun 16 12:31:15 thor pptpd[12984]: CTRL: PTY read or GRE write failed
(pty,gre)=(4,5)
	Do I need to open up a certain port for this?
	Does this error have anything to do with the NT validation?

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanx in advance!

PEREZ SOFTWARE SERVICE, INC.
Layton Welborn