[pptp-server] Help me get started please.

S.Ecker emmet___ at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 17:58:29 CDT 2000

I've read the poptop-redhat-howto, and scoured the web
and list archives.  I'm trying to set up a VPN to
accomplish the following:

I need to be able to map a network drive in
windows98se to a samba share on a linux server
(redhat6.2).  The linux server in on a private ip
subnet (192.168.254.*) behind a flowpoint 2200 SDSL
router using NAT (I have mapped all ports to the linux
server).  The win98 client at a remote location is
connected to a flowpoint 2200 IDSL router in bridging
mode with a public ip address.  Simple as that.

Now I know what you're saying.  Why don't you just map
tcp/udp 137-139 to the linux server and connect using
netbios over tcp?  Well, it doesn't work (from
experience) and from what I've read, netbios over tcp
doesn't route to other subnets.  So anyway, it will
not work the easy way unfortunately.

So what I'd like some feedback on in order to save me
time and frustration is what packages do I need to
download and install and where can I find up-to-date
installation instructions to accomplish what I
described above?