[pptp-server] GRE: Bad checksum from pppd

David Luyer david_luyer at pacific.net.au
Mon Jun 19 09:55:37 CDT 2000

> Well, we got the problem solved. Just thought I'd post the
> solution for everyone else to reference.
>
> The only difference from this server compared to all our other
> servers is that this one has dual PIII's.
>
> After exhausing all other possibilities, I re-compiled the kernel
> without SMP processor support, and downgraded the processor
> selection from P-Pro to a regular Pentium.
>
> Everything is working flawlessly now, even though I hate
> having an extra processor sitting in there doing nothing.

I posted some time ago here about SMP races in kernel tty or ppp code.

The latest 2.2.x kernels from Alan Cox should be fine SMP with ppp.

David.
David Luyer
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd
Phone:  +61 3 9674 7525
Fax:    +61 3 9699 8693
Mobile: +61 4 1064 2258, +61 4 1114 2258
http://www.pacific.net.au        NASDAQ: PCNTF
<< fast 'n easy >>