[pptp-server] GRE: Bad checksum from pppd

David Luyer david_luyer at pacific.net.au
Mon Jun 19 11:17:56 CDT 2000

"Tom" wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, David Luyer wrote:
>
> > I posted some time ago here about SMP races in kernel tty or ppp code.
> >
> > The latest 2.2.x kernels from Alan Cox should be fine SMP with ppp.
>
> This should not have any affect on GRE which is a layer below ppp and
> tty in this scenario.

The error is literally:

GRE code reports:
  bad checksum received from PPP daemon (via TTY layer)

Trust me, I know how this all goes together :)  The cryptic error messages are
mostly my fault :/

David.
David Luyer
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd
Phone:  +61 3 9674 7525
Fax:    +61 3 9699 8693
Mobile: +61 4 1064 2258, +61 4 1114 2258
http://www.pacific.net.au        NASDAQ: PCNTF
<< fast 'n easy >>