[pptp-server] (no subject)

xavier.marjou at iname.com xavier.marjou at iname.com
Tue Jun 20 11:11:35 CDT 2000

Hello,

I am new with PPP, PPTP and L2TP and I would have two basic questions.

1/ I found a PPTP client software on :
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~cananian/Projects/PPTP/
and a PPTP server on :
http://www.moretonbay.com/vpn/pptp.html
Is the first one a software for a PAC and the second the software for a PNS ? (I am a little bit lost as I read that the first one could also act as a server)

2/ I suppose that there is a ppp connection between an end-user and an LNS:

I've read in the PPTP RFC that some PPP features (PSTN interfacing, LCP) are required on the PAC, and the other on the PNS (NCP ...). So I would like to how do I configure one pppd to only perform the first features in the PAC, and how to configure the other one for doing the rest of ppp functionalites in the PNS ? Is it possible with a standard pppd daemon, is it done by pptp, or do I need to implement it myself in some 'special' pppd deamons ?

Thanks,
Xavier Marjou