[pptp-server] W98 client can only ping poptop server

Brian Aust BAust at healthdec.com
Wed Jun 21 23:01:45 CDT 2000

You hit it right on the head of the nail, Scott -- turning on IP forwarding
on the poptop server solved a slew of problems -- pinging all the other
internal machines, DNS, WINS, the whole deal.  Thank you!!

Now just need to figure out what the heck is wrong with W98SE.  4 out of 5
times it hangs on the Verifying Username/Password part... and the only way
to fix it is to uninstall W98 DUN, reinstall W98 DUN, and add the 128-bit
DUN upgrade patch.  But then the next day it doesn't work, and a full un-
and re-install is in order.  I'll need to test from an NT box or something
cuz i'll bet W98SE is just flaky or something.

Thanks again Scott!  Onwards to encryption!  :-)

Cheers,
Brian Aust