[pptp-server] ** Serious ** PPTP Bug or windows?

Boris Reisig boris at microtrader.com
Fri Jun 23 15:13:51 CDT 2000

Ok, Heres the scenerio I have. I have a PPTP server and a Samba Wins server [v2.05a] up and going on our work lan network. I have it configured properly since I have tested out the VPN on my computer and I could see the network thru network neighborhood. The problem is that I have a second computer [both with Win98] and ive patched them both from windowsupdate.microsoft.com for securety holes and it seems that the second computer cant see anyone in the network neighborhood. Im not connected twice and both computers have the *same* configuration properties when getting into the VPN. I can the remote computers and access the share thru \\<Computername> but I *need* to have network neighborhood working for the clients. I even checked the browse.dat and wins.dat file to see if the computer was registered and sambas database. Any suggestions?