[pptp-server] Window Bugs?

Boris Reisig boris at microtrader.com
Mon Jun 26 09:38:03 CDT 2000

Hello, I have *3* computers here running Win98, Win98SE, Win Millenium. I my VPN working properly with samba and everything. The problem is that the network neighborhood sometimes doesnt work and I cant browse. I can access the share directly. What I did for testing is setup each machine running all different versions of windows the same, Dialed in and checked if I could see anyone in the "Network Neighborhood". I am using samba [2.0.7] as a wins server and I can ping it and access the shares directly. The problem is that the Win98 and Win98SE, I can VPN in and *sometimes* I can browse the Network neighborhood. And whenever I can browse, Sometimes at random times I click on my network neighborhood and all the computers are gone. I was thinking it was something with my wins server but I can ping and I checked the browse.dat/wins.dat file if all the computers were registered. Is it a windows bug with their VPN or reading from a wins server or something? I wonder if theirs a patch or anything. Anyways, Whenever I use my Windows Millenium to log into the vpn, *every* time ive logged in, I could see all the shares via network neighborhood. Sounds like they changed some code to make it work better. Any ideas?