[pptp-server] Dialup Networking and VPN update

Johnny L Wales johnny at booksys.com
Mon Mar 6 11:36:00 CST 2000

Well, after my posting late last week, I got a bunch of very helpful
problems. I installed vpnupd, and am getting the same errors. Does anyone
know how to find out what version of Dialup Networking I'm using? And are
there any specific instructions on adding a second interface with no phone
number attached to it? And what is this I hear about needing to uninstall
and then reinstall VPN and DUN?

A couple of people mentioned that this has been solved on the mailing list
at some time in the past, and one of you mentioned a particular knowledge
base article. Unfortunately, microsoft's website is a vile, overly pretty
abomination with very little useful functionality, so I couldn't retrieve
a specific knowledgebase article by number and I was unable to fully
figure out where to download DUN v1.3 or greater.

Right now, I'm beginning to think that the logical course of action is to
de-install ding-dang near everything and reinstall it using the latest
versions from M$'s website. However, I'm guessing this will be a long and
time consuming task, and would rather avoid it if possible.

So, to boil it all down, I'd very very very much appriciate any of the
following:

1> URLs to very useful prior postings to this mailing list
2> Specific instructions (with URLs to the software) on updating this
win98 machine
3> Specific setup instruction

If you folks can assist me in getting this thing working, I'll write up a
better Windows 98 installation instruction and hand it over for use at the
PPTP website.

Thanky!

--me