[pptp-server] complex VPN problem (fwd)

Chris Ellingsen chris.ellingsen at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 6 22:42:50 CST 2000

Hi,

Seems to me like your linux box is not forwarding packets between the local
subnet and the remote machine. You should check out the route tables to make
sure that all the correct routes are added. For example, you would need to
enable the 'use default gateway on remote' (or whatever the exact words are) in
your network settings on the Windows PC. You also do not really need a third
address on the Linux box, it should use the .1 address for the local end, so the
proxy arp will actually take care of  things. Also, ensure that packet
forwarding is enabled on the Linux box, and none of the firewall rules you may
have in place are blocking the packets... Since those are both 'inside'
interfaces, anything should be allowed to pass through from the remote to the
local net.

Hope this helps...
Chris