[pptp-server] PPTP VPN up, but how to forward all traffic through the VPN?

Antti A Luostarinen aaluosta at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 7 09:58:11 CST 2000

Ok, I have successfully created the PPTP VPN (guys, the GRE didn't go
through, there was a little fumble in the router access-lists :)) but
now my problem is the following..

What I want:

I'm on a cable-modem. I want to tunnel all traffic through the VPN to
the pptpd (I mean ALL traffic that happens after I have made the
connection) and onwards to the Internet. (Why: where the pptpd resides,
I have much better routes to the World than which my cable-modem
operator has.)

How do I do this? If I mark "use default gateway" on the TCP/IP
properties of the connection icon, it seems to try to use my PPTP VPN
but I get nothing through.. In the FAQ/HOWTO's ppl are suggesting to
turn it off..

If I turn it off, my routes are whatever my cable-modem ISP routes are
regardless if the VPN connection was made or not.

Antti

--
. . . Antti Aleksi Luostarinen a.k.a. Amarth Shadowstring of BatMUD . . .