[pptp-server] Connect to PPTP server though Linux IPMASQ

Scott M. Stone sstone at taos.com
Tue Mar 7 17:11:59 CST 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Jason Jeremias wrote:

> Okay I tested a PoPToP machine and everything worked so I'm assuming the
> problem I'm having today is I'm going through Linux IPMASQ firewall to
> connect to it. Looks like this:
>

>  ----                 --------------
> --------
> | me |  -----------  | Linux IPMASQ | ----------Internet--------- |
> PoPToP |
>  ----                 --------------
> --------
>
> So the question is what do I need to do on the Linux IPMASQ box to get
> this working?  I'm assuming I need to make it forward some ports back
> and forth.  Any hints?
>
> Thanks Again.

easy solution is to run PoPToP on the IPMASQ box itself.  Works for me,
and you don't have to worry about forwarding ports and such.  And it
eliminates the need for another box to handle the PPTP serving.

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone at taos.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company