[pptp-server] Can't ping the local LAN

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Fri Mar 10 09:44:32 CST 2000

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Gary Bowers wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> Ipforwaring was on, but my firewall was blocking forwarding.  I put the
> extra rules in the IPup script, and it works great now.

Ah, yeah, that'd do it.  :)

> PS anyone know how to make the #$&%^ Network Neighborhood work?

Easiest way is to make the pptp clients set their machine's workgroup at
whatever your domain name is, put a WINS server on your network, and have
them use it in their dial-up profile (and/or add the 'ms-wins x.x.x.x' tag
to the ppp options file). This one can be _really_ tricky to get working,
but usually isn't too bad...

--
Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com>   | Phone : (612)943-8700