[pptp-server] Can't see anything at the other end of the tunnel!

Bob Horton bhorton at pneumasoft.com
Sun Mar 12 16:58:03 CST 2000

I'm trying to set up PoPToP to allow me to get from my machine (Win 9x)
connected to the Internet via cable modem to a Linux box (RedHat 6.1) with
PoPToP that will allow me to then connect to and use resources on the Lan on
the other side ("internal") of the Linux box.

Win 9x --> Internet --> RedHat 6.1 w/ PoPToP --> Destination Lan

I have gotten it working well enough to allow me to ping the ethernet card
connected to the destination Lan but I can't seem to go beyond that.

I have set the IP address of my VPN connection on Win 9x to be in the same
subnet as the Destination LAN (I hope that was correct).

IP Addresses are as follows:

Win 9x          RedHat External    RedHat Internal      LAN
24.72.xx.xx     24.72.yy.yy         192.68.0.230         192.68.0.xxx

VPN "Connector" on Win 9x box
192.68.0.231

As stated, I can ping 192.68.0.230 but nothing else inside the LAN.

I have my config file set up with
speed 115200
localip 24.72.3.37
remoteip 192.68.0.230

I also keep getting an error message on the display for the Linux box every
time I try and connect after the first time saying there are no more ports
available ... again, I'm not sure why.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Horton.