[pptp-server] Weird connection problem

Andrew McRory amacc at iron-bridge.net
Mon Mar 13 09:52:35 CST 2000

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Nate Carlson wrote:

<snip>

> > into ther server and can telnet to port 1723 just fine. The problem starts
> > when we try to initiate a connection from the Windows 98 machine we get an
> > "error 629 you have been disconnected from the machine you dialed...". My
> > Windows machine will connect to other PoPToP servers but not this one.
>
> *massive snip*
>
> According to the above, the cable modem has it's own IP address, and then
> NAT translates traffic to your machine. Are you _positive_ that it is
> translating & allowing GRE? From what I can tell, it doesn't sound like
> the GRE traffic is ever getting to the linux box... I've heard of tons of
> problems using cable modems with weird protocols, this could be another
> one of those..

AFAIK the GRE is being allowed. Running the GRE modified traceroute shows
GRE being passed up until the final interface, eth1 on the linux box. It
looks to me like eth1 won't allow GRE OR the cable modem is not bridging
correctly...

Thanks,

Andrew McRory / CTO                                  amacc at iron-bridge.net
Iron Bridge Communications                             www.iron-bridge.net
Caldera OpenLinux Contrib RPMS             ftp.iron-bridge.net/pub/Caldera