[pptp-server] MPPE encryption failing after some packets

Martin Mueller mm at lunetix.de
Tue Mar 14 06:24:08 CST 2000

Hi alltogether,

I just set up pptp from a Win98SE client to my linux server. The
server is running on the firewall itself and works just fine
as long as I don't use any form of encryption. The encryption
negotiation also works fine and the systems start to comunicate
in encrypted mode. After a variable number of packets the Win
client starts to send "CCP ResetReq" packets which considerably
lower performance. After again some time the encryption seems to
run out of sync since the pppd on linux writes messages like:

	rcvd [Compressed data] 90 55 58 59 13 e4 a1 10 ...