[pptp-server] problems installing mppe patch to PPP

Jandeep Kang jandeep at interspeed.com
Tue Mar 14 18:28:23 CST 2000

Hello everybody,
I have been trying to reinstall the pptp so I got ppp 2.3.10 and was trying
to patch it with the mppe patch file from the
www.moretonbay.com/vpn/releases <http://www.moretonbay.com/vpn/releases>
Web site. The problem is whichever way I download the
ppp-2_3_10-openssl-norc4-mppe_patch.gz and when I try to gunzip it, it says
it is not a valid gzip file!?
My guess is downloading via http to a win NT machine is corrupting the
patch. Is it available somewhere else via ftp? How did you solve this
problem?
Secondly, will this give me 40 bit encryption? Where do I get a patch if I
have to do 128 bit encryption?
Please help.
Thanks in advance.