[pptp-server] HELP - PPTP Connection Drops!

Eric H. Raskin eraskin at paslists.com
Thu Mar 16 07:45:06 CST 2000

Hello all...

I've got what appears to be a semi-working PoPToP configuration (Linux
2.2.14/PoPToP 1.0.0/pppd-2.3.10 with mppe patches) in that I can connect and use
the network.  Encryption doesn't work yet, but I'll deal with that in the
future. :-)

The big problem is that after some period of inactivity (I don't know exactly
how long, but on the order of 2-3 minutes), the VPN connection drops.  The
Internet connection is still up, so that's not the problem.

Does anyone know if there is an inactivity timer in PoPToP causing the
connections to drop?  I'd like it to stay open indefinitely (until a user
actually closes it).

TIA

Eric H. Raskin                                 eraskin at paslists.com
Professional Advertising Systems Inc.          Voice: 914-741-1100
70 Memorial Plaza                              Fax:   914-741-2788
Pleasantville, NY 10570