[pptp-server] sorry, forgot to mention

Emir Toktar toktar at per.com.br
Thu Mar 16 17:25:48 CST 2000

sorry, forgot to mentionOk, I read this in README.linux (ppp-2.3.11). I hope that help you.

"To talk to the new driver, pppd needs to be able to open /dev/ppp,

character device (108,0). If the special file node /dev/ppp is not

present, pppd will create it. However, if you are running with /dev

on a read-only filesystem, pppd will not be able to create /dev/ppp.

In that instance you should manually create /dev/ppp using the command

`mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0'.

If you use module autoloading and have PPP as a module, you will need

to add the following to your /etc/modules.conf or /etc/conf.modules:

alias tty-ldisc-3 ppp_async

alias tty-ldisc-14 ppp_synctty

alias char-major-108 ppp_generic

..."