[Fwd: [pptp-server] NT compression revisited]

Michael Armstrong mikea at maketi.com
Wed Mar 22 23:16:30 CST 2000

Concerning my original post of  3/15 which said that I couldn't connect
to PoPToP server on RH6.1 from an NT client running encryption.  I was
able to get it to work by adding the following to /etc/ppp/options.

mppe-stateless

This has a good and a bad side.

Good: It works.
Bad: Key negotiation every packet kills performance.

Does anyone have any idea why running stateless would work with
NT/encrypted client and not when running non-stateless?  Is this a
feature or a bug?

Assuming there is no way around this, is there any way to cut down the
number of renegotiations?

TIA,
Mike Armstrong