[pptp-server] unrecognized option '+chapms']

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.com
Thu Mar 23 13:42:16 CST 2000

Thanks for replying.

My /etc/ppp/options file looks like this:
	lock
	debug
	auth
	+chap
	proxyarp
	+chapms
	+chapms-v2
	mppe-40
	mppe-128
	mppe-stateless

I did get this to work (the exact same options file) on another machine
with an older kernel (the machine it will not work on is using 2.2.14
and the machine it will work on is using 2.2.13).  I don't know if that
should matter or not.  If I don't get it working on the newer kernel
that isn't a big deal it was just a test machine.  The machine I plan to
run this on is the one that it works on.

While I don't get this error on that machine, I can't seem to bring up
an encrypted tunnel on it either.  The NT machine that I am using as a
client, when MS encryption is enabled on it, returns an error stating
that the server doesn't support encrytion.  An unencrypted tunnel works
fine though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Dan