[pptp-server] Problem getting mppe to work

John Rioux jrioux at entrata.com
Fri Mar 31 15:12:11 CST 2000

I am atempting to get PPP with MSCHAPv2/MPPE running on a Redhat 6.1 box
as a VPN server for our Microsoft NT workstation 4.0 SP 5 clients.  It
works fine when I set security in DUN to use microsoft encrypted
passwords, but when I check the box to require data encryption.  I get
the ERROR: 742 The remote server does not support data encryption.
I have been using the Poptop-Redhat-Howto written by Mike Barsalou dated
20000306 and the installation appeared to be flawless.  I have verified
that the ppp_mppe module is loaded.
How should I go about trouble shooting this problem.
TIA regards,
John Rioux