[pptp-server] PPTP Choke - GRE: Bad checksum from pppd

linux at orgx.co.nz linux at orgx.co.nz
Sat May 13 06:44:18 CDT 2000

Well, in keeping with my wrong initial guesses at my previous problem, it
seems I have done it again.  After pointing the finger at pppd and/or the
kernel for this problem I just thought I'd try PPTP 1.1.1 (was using
1.0.0).  And initial tests how that all is well!  So I guess the problem
was in the comms between pptpd and pppd, since pptpd was still talking to
my Win98 box, but no tcp connection was alive.  Now v1.1.1 seems to be
roaring along - several MB without stopping...And no syslog errors from
pppd or pptpd.  Hope this may be useful to some others too...

Cheers,

Richard Shepherd

linux at orgx.co.nz
Sent by: pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org