[pptp-server] pptpd+chapms+radius

James MacLean macleajb at EDnet.NS.CA
Fri May 26 08:32:23 CDT 2000

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Dragos DOBRE wrote:

> I am trying to implement a VPN based on Linux PPTP server.
> The clients connecting to this server are mostly W9x/NT/2k
> The server should authenticate the tunnels (users) via a Radius server.

The key to this hack is the radius server. Currently it _must_ be
xtradius, and it _must_ use the checkmysql or whatever I called it :(. The
reason being that it does send the wrong passwd, but the radius server
sends back the magic NtHash which is used to do the rest.

> has anyone succesfully installed all the above and does this work?

Only me I guess :).

JES
James B. MacLean        macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb