[pptp-server] pptpd+chapms+radius

James MacLean macleajb at EDnet.NS.CA
Tue May 30 12:01:14 CDT 2000

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Dragos DOBRE wrote:

> my hostname is eris.
> (the username/password pairs in mySQL are:
>
> eris/parola
> jambo/parola

My goal with this project was to use Xtradius to authenticate on the one
side, not on both :(.

So if you are eris and want to authenticate to jambo (who runs xtradius
authentication) , you would only put eris's userid/nthash-passwd on
jambo's xtradius database.

Then eris should use /etc/ppp/chap-secrets the old way, or maybe using
smbpasswd. At least that was my original intention ;).

But... If I understand your goal, you want both your client and the server
to use Xtradius for authentication? Hmmm. you would need to modify auth.c
atleast so that it only tries to match the userid when it is one of client
or server, but not both. And it must be the correct one :).

How's that for confusing the issue:).

I can also say that once pppd gets a valid userid/passwd, it will not
actually (or atleast it shouldn't) talk to radius anymore until it is
authenticated.

> > > has anyone succesfully installed all the above and does this work?
> > Only me I guess :).
> /me is on the way :)

Let me know if I captured what you are trying to do, and I will see about
changing the code a bit...

JES
James B. MacLean        macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb