[pptp-server] Two quickees...

Philip Van Baren phil at vibrationresearch.com
Wed Nov 1 11:21:13 CST 2000

1) Chap is required to use the mppe encryption.  Without mppe any ppp
authentication scheme should work, as long as both the client and server are
configured to use the same things.

Another option is to apply the patch to use /etc/smbpasswd for chap
authentication, if you are already maintaining encrypted smb passwords.
(see the patches at poptop.lineo.com)