[pptp-server] RedHat 7.0 Kernel 2.2.16

Kenneth E. Lussier kenny at digitalrebel.org
Sun Nov 5 17:39:55 CST 2000

There could be several issues here. First off, RH7 ships with
non-standard compilers and libraries. When you rebuild the kernel, try
doing:
make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install CC="kgcc".

Another thing that I have seen is a missing libraries. If the date
stamps in the kernel source are more recent then the ppp source, then
you need to touch the ppp source files. I use an install script that
touches the source files, removes and recreates symlinks (since touch
doesn't update their timestamp), etc. I have a copy of the script, along
with the patched ppp source, the linux pptp client, start and stop
scripts, options scripts, etc. I wil send it to anyone that wants it (it
hasn't made it to my website yet). It is more geared toward a Linux pptp
client, but it can be tailored to a server.

FYI,
Kenny