[pptp-server] a few quick questions

Jason Osborne rage at sohonetworks.cc
Tue Nov 7 21:40:52 CST 2000

I had a few quick questions to run by everyone. I know they are sort of off
topic as far as support goes, but here they are.

Q. #1) What makes using a software VPN solution better than buying a router
that allows vpn connections to a network? Is a software solution more
secure? Provide faster access? More cost effective? In what ways?

Q. #2) Which implimentation of a VPN is better? PPTP, IPSec, or VATM (i
think that is what it is called)?

Q. #3) What options do netware users have when using PopTop VPN Server and
Linux?

--
Jason Osborne
Data and Telecom Network Solutions