[pptp-server] Can't ping through; proxy arp works

Christopher L. Everett ceverett at ceverett.com
Thu Nov 9 15:50:07 CST 2000

All:

I'm having a problem with PoPToP where the routing
table doesn't seem to get properly updated to account
for the incoming connection.

I'm not seeing any error messages for proxy-arp.  But
after a connection, the first entry in the routing
table looks like this:

10.0.0.202	0.0.0.0		255.255.255	ppp0
the remotely	why the		I think this	and so
connected box	default route	is right ...	is this
		here?

In any case, I can't ping thru.  There are arent any
arp prooxy error messages like a similar problem in
the FAQ's at www.moretonbay.com.

Any ideas?

  --Christopher

Christopher L. Everett