[pptp-server] can poptop use ppp1

Jason Osborne rage at sohonetworks.cc
Tue Nov 14 14:53:49 CST 2000

	Ok, first the setup. I have a client who has an ISDN line which they use
for their internet connection. They noticed our VPN and wanted me to setup
one up for them. I have only installed VPN's on systems which had DSL or T1
etc. I installed Poptop just like I did on my companies server and I was
able to connect up to the system through a vpn client system on their
internal network just fine. However, when their ISDN line is active using
ppp0, the vpn fails ever time I try to connect complaining that GRE had a
read/write error to its pty.

	What type of work-around or information would benefit me in getting their
vpn to work with their ISDN line. I tried specifying in /etc/ppp/options.vpn
to use the device /dev/ppp0, but that didn't seen to work. Other than that I
am not sure how to specify the device (ppp0 or ppp1) that the ISDN and VPN
run on. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help, Jason.
--
Jason Osborne