[pptp-server] DSL Connection Problems

The Alliett's peter at mnsi.net
Wed Nov 15 00:40:58 CST 2000

Has anyone managed to connect to a PopTop server via DSL.  I can't get it to
work.

I have Windows95C with the DUN 1.3 patch installed.

If i use a normal 56K dialup to my ISP and then launch the VPN connection I
connect fine and all is great.

If I then try just launching the VPN connection on it's own through my LAN
connection via DSL on a LINUX server it hangs at verifying username and
password and eventually gives me error 650.

Checking the logs on the PopTop server it reports GRE: read error: Bad file
descriptor
and CTRL: PTY read or GRE write failed.

Help Me Please.

Peter