[pptp-server] Netware 5 connectivity using PPTP

David Jones david.jones at mma1.com
Thu Nov 16 08:27:12 CST 2000

Hi all,

I am running pptpd on a RedHat Linux box.  I can successfully login to this box from my home using my personal ISP account.  After I connect, I am able to telnet to all other Linux boxes that I have (behind a firewall), so that works great.  I also have some Netware 5 boxes on my network running tcp/ip, but I am unable to see these servers in network neighborhood, or if I start up the Novell client software and attempt to browse for my tree...still nothing.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also, I noticed after I make the connection to the pptp server, I can run winipcfg and check out the ip address that the server is assigning me.  When I do, the gateway setting is the same as my ip address for my ppp adapter.  So after I make the connection to the pptp server, I no longer have access to internet resources until I disconnect from the pptp server.  Is there any way to set a different gateway ip address for this connection?

Any help on either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

David Jones
david.jones at mma1.com