[pptp-server] Netware 5 connectivity using PPTP

Nicolas LIENARD nicolas.lienard at internet-telecom.net
Thu Nov 16 10:42:30 CST 2000

unsubscribe

-----Message d'origine-----
De : David Jones <david.jones at mma1.com>
À : pptp-server at lists.schulte.org <pptp-server at lists.schulte.org>
Date : jeudi 16 novembre 2000 15:39
Objet : [pptp-server] Netware 5 connectivity using PPTP

Hi all,

I am running pptpd on a RedHat Linux box.  I can successfully login to this
box from my home using my personal ISP account.  After I connect, I am able
to telnet to all other Linux boxes that I have (behind a firewall), so that
works great.  I also have some Netware 5 boxes on my network running tcp/ip,
but I am unable to see these servers in network neighborhood, or if I start
up the Novell client software and attempt to browse for my tree...still
nothing.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also, I noticed after I make the connection to the pptp server, I can run
winipcfg and check out the ip address that the server is assigning me.  When
I do, the gateway setting is the same as my ip address for my ppp adapter.
So after I make the connection to the pptp server, I no longer have access
to internet resources until I disconnect from the pptp server.  Is there any
way to set a different gateway ip address for this connection?

Any help on either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

David Jones
david.jones at mma1.com <mailto:david.jones at mma1.com>

Ce message et toutes ses pièces jointes peuvent contenir des informations
confidentielles et/ou protégées. Si vous le recevez par erreur, merci de
prendre contact avec l'expéditeur par téléphone ou mail, et de détruire le
message et ses pièces jointes de votre système immédiatement sans les
copier ni les transmettre à une autre personne.

This message and any attachment may contain confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender
and delete this message and any attachment from your system immediately
without copying them or disclosing the contents to any other person.