[pptp-server] DUN 128 Upgrade not Available?

Philip Van Baren phil at vibrationresearch.com
Fri Nov 17 11:10:18 CST 2000

Where can I find the various Microsoft Dial-Up Networking updates?

	Win95:

http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/downloads/recommended/dun13win95/sysre
q.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WURecommended/S_WUNetw
orking/vpn/Default.asp

	Win98:
	 http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/downloads/recommended/dun13win98.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/WURecommended/S_WUNetw
orking/VPN/Default.asp

	Win98 128-bit update:
	 I have gotten Win98 to work at 128-bits by first applying the above
	 two patches, making a backup of c:\windows\system\pppmac.vxd,
	 extracting the pppmac.vxd from the msdun128.exe update for Win98SE,
	 and putting that version of pppmac.vxd in c:\windows\system.  After
	 doing this, you must reboot the computer to get Windows to use the
	 new version.  The version should be 4.10.2222 with Internal Name
	 "PPPMAC (US/Canada Only, Not for Export)"
	 You can use WinZip to view and extract individual files from the
	 msdun128.exe file.

	Win98SE 128-bit update (not currently available?):

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows98/downloads/contents/WURecommended/S_WUNetw
orking/DUN128/default.asp
	 using FTP search (the file is msdun128.exe, md5sum is
8add40723d652557232a1a09917c924c)

http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/cgi-bin/search?type=Case+insensitive+substring+ma
tch&query=msdun128&form=medium

	128-bit updates (not currently available?):
	 http://support.microsoft.com/Support/NTServer/128Eula.asp